Sunday, October 15, 2006

feed the hungry

Although many cities have people who are homeless, I believe that Detroit has a larger problem than most. There are so many people out of work because of cutbacks in the auto industry that it seems recovery will be a long difficult process. Seeing this woman made me thankful for my home and health despite the difficulties we have since my husband is out of work.

My daughter was horrified that I would take this picture. She thought I walked up to her and asked to take her picture without giving her money. The fact was that I was a passenger in a car and made this shot this as we drove past. I didn't even have a dollar in my wallet, so giving her money just wasn't possible. I was just fortunate that the person I was with treated me to lunch after we were interviewed on a radio show. The show is called "Ask the Doctor with Dr. Anderson" on WCHB. We were there to tell people about Tourette Syndrome and offer hope to families dealing with the disorder. Although no one called to ask us questions, I hope someone will be able to call or join us for a support group meeting. It's all about awareness and giving people hope when life seems impossible. The more people realize there is someone who's been there and is willing to help, the better they will be able to cope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home