Sunday, March 12, 2006

Is it Spring Yet?

I just realized that it's nearly spring time and I haven't been sitting around bitching about winter. One reason is the lack of snow this winter. Last year Sushi and I took lots of walks in the snow at night. When it was deep, I would take her to the school yard and run with her. Sushi would bounce in and out of the deep snow like a rabbit. She is so funny that I would be laughing too hard to run. Walking at night when it's snowing is my way of grounding me. Everything looks so beautiful and the peaceful quiet of the night is calming. I suppose snow is not totally out of the question, after all this is Michigan. Of course now that we've had a warm day or two, the need for snow is diminishing. Now I can watch for spring plants coaxed out of the soil by the warm sun. This morning I woke to birds chirping. I think it's time to check the yard for signs that winter is over. Hurry Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home