Saturday, June 27, 2009

missing in action

I can't believe I've been away from blogger since Mothers Day. It doesn't help that I wear so many hats. I work 40+ hours a week at a job that is not so wonderful but I am thankful that I have a job. I feel I do my job well although it's sometimes hard to tell if it is appreciated. My bosses are not the type to say "way to go" or "nice work" or even "I appreciate your work". They have given me perks, that I appreciate such as Red Wing tickets, Tiger tickets and free health advice. In return, I work hard and am happy to do whatever is asked of me. I also work for the Tourette Syndrome Association of Michigan and sometimes feel like I could do more.
My real passion is photography and I wish I could do that full time. I still remember when I did work as a photographer and how hard it was at that time. I now am in the digital world but am not sure how to get back to making it a profession. I am still learning how to enhance photographs with Adobe Photoshop but don't know all that I need to know. Classes are outrageous in cost so I am a little slow about grasping techniques. I also worry about my body holding out. My knees are painful and could be a problem when shooting a family or group. At any rate, I know I am holding myself back and nothing should stop me from achieving my dreams. As for today, I think I will go out to the garden and put on my yard work hat. The lawn needs to be mowed and the flowers watered. I hope I have enough gasoline. (sigh) Enough wining! Time to get moving. Hopefully the next post will be more upbeat.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home